Property Damage Claims
Steps to Filing a Property Damage Claim
Tips for Filing
- Keep track of any receipts for repairs you need to make before your insurance adjuster arrives.
- Make a thorough list of all of your belongings—such as furniture, artwork, and other valuables—and detail what damage they’ve sustained, their appraised value, and when you obtained them.
- Take video footage of the property so that you can have additional documentation.
- Get quotes for repairs before your adjuster visits; this way, you can know if the settlement estimate they provide will cover repairs.
- Talk with your insurance adjuster about how long it might take to settle your claim.
- Get a second opinion if you believe you’re being treated unfairly by your insurance company.
Reach Out to Our Insurance Agents
Let us help you choose the right policy for your valuable assets. Call us at (307) 333-5208 or fill out our online form to get started.